Go Back   The Eegra Forums > Eegra > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Muz
Deleted

Default 8 Commandments of Moral Game Design

Hah, I was just flipping through that magazine, seeing more boring games and sequels to not as boring games, and that article caught my eye, just because it made some good points. While that wasn't an Eegra article, I was pleasantly surprised at finding out who the author was

Good one. The games journalism world needs more intelligent, but non-snobbish stuff like that; stuff that show a great point about whats' wrong and how it could be improved without going to rambling points like "this game is not like the old Fallout" or "games are (not) art".

I sort of wish Eegra was a game magazine. Hah, I know some friends who would buy it just for the Hilarity Comics.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
punkgorilla

Yeah that article was brilliant. The best commentary on morality in gaming that I've ever seen. There's more of Dans stuff in the latest Hyper too.

Eegra kind of was a games magazine with Total Gamer.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Dan
Smug Bison

Hey, thanks! I had to rush the ending a bit, but by and large, I was pretty happy with how that feature came out.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
T Strife
isn't in the Army

I remember one person on the Hyper forums complainig about how the article focused too much on concepts and ideas and didn't just provide a list of games, or something along those lines. After bashing my head against a brick wall for a bit (I don't live in a brick house, so I had to make an extra effort to do this), I decided that I shuould have a mind to post my own thoughts in retaliation. But then the forums went down.

... they're still down.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
punkgorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Strife View Post
I remember one person on the Hyper forums complainig about how the article focused too much on concepts and ideas and didn't just provide a list of games, or something along those lines.
Haha yeah that sums up a lot of people who are (were?) on Hyper.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
Muz
Deleted

Heh, I started buying Hyper as my regular gaming magazine since Dan's article and a few others I liked in there. And yeah, maybe the fact that it doesn't cost as much as a game may have had something to do with it :P

Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 AM   #7
Ryuichi Naruhodo

I thought it was a good article, even though that shot at moral relativism kind of irked me. Keep up the good work, Dan!