Go Back   The Eegra Forums > Chat > Poppycock and Japery

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #21
The flying banana
The man in the rain

Location: Almost certainly a long way away from wherever you are.

Urk. Reading your post makes me sick, Mr. Demaar.

Yes, you can get fat on a vegetarian diet, even without trying (As I can attest to, having once been nearly 100 kg.) but on the whole it seems to be better. And if the sexy sexbombs sex database goes up you'll see how beautifully malnourished I look. This has more to do with hiding inside from the Australian sun than being vegetarian though.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #22
Captain Awful
Blastoise

Send a message via MSN to Captain Awful

Just doing my part to keep the animal population low.

So all this food talk gets me thinking, what would you go as far to try? I'd try dog, and cat... but, if someone were to offer me a bit of their leg after they died, I'd have to think about it for a little bit. Trying human would be pretty cool though, unless you found out you liked it so much that that's all you wanted.

Yeah, so after reading the previous paragraph I sound pretty insane, well than.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #23
shMerker
Fountain of lies

If someone offered me part of their leg after they died I'd probably shoot them in face with a shotgun and then feel bad about offing the friendliest zombie of all time.

On a more serious note I might give human a shot in a scenario that wasn't unlawful/unethical. Then again, maybe it's better not to. I mean, what if it's really good?

I remember reading in Maria Von Trapp's autobipgraphy that human butt is actually supposed to be really good. This came not from her personal experience but from the accounts of a reformed cannibal she met as a missionary post-Trapp-family-singers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demaar View Post
YEARS ago I invented what I call the Vegetarian's Nightmare (I'm sure someone had already invented a variation of it years ago, but meh). Basically pork sausages wrapped in bacon sandwiched between two beef patties with an egg and cheese, with a lamb chop on the side. Basically it was a big steaming plate of animal food product.. Oh, all fried. I know it probably could have been made worse by adding batters of some kind, but I resolved to have absolutely no vegetation or vegetable derived content. I think I could have added some chicken, but the egg already covered that a bit. It was a very large plate.

Let me tell you that I'm much wiser now, I actually boil the eggs instead of frying them.... :P Actually I only made this abomination once, thank goodness.
Needs veal.

Last edited by shMerker; 01-09-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
Unbelievably Turtle
DAS IST ICH NIENE BOOBIE!

This hotdog looks tasty, yet disgusting. Thusly, I declare it to be a quantum paradox!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #25
shMerker
Fountain of lies

This thread just reminded me of bacon salt. The name is kind of a misnomer since it's kosher and contains no sodium. It also makes things taste like bacon, which is wonderful. I got three sample packets at PAX last year and each item they were added to was definitely improved. I tried it on a baked potato and a salad, things I would normally have bacon bits on, and they tasted suprisingly like the bacon was really there. Then I got adventurous and mixed the last pack into vanilla ice cream. It was one of the finest things I have ever tasted. I need to get some more of this stuff.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #26
Farvana
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Oh man, bacon ice cream. I saw a recipe for that (I think off of three panel soul somehow) and really wished that ben and jerry's or some other purveyor of cold sugared dairy products would pick that up.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
shMerker
Fountain of lies

The three panel soul comic was what gave me the idea actually.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #28
Demaar
Stop tickling my fancy.

I actually have an ice cream maker now. I've only made sorbet with it, but now that you reminded me of that bacon ice cream thing.. hmm.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #29
Sir Gregory McButtrape
butts

Send a message via AIM to Sir Gregory McButtrape Send a message via MSN to Sir Gregory McButtrape Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Gregory McButtrape

I recommend eating fries (chips for you crazy Europeans and Australians) with mustard. It makes for a good anti-theft mechanism.
"THOUSANDS"
""

Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
shMerker
Fountain of lies

I like fries and mustard, but have never cared for the two together. I usually just like them by themselves, although I also love having them covered in chili and cheese.

I had a deep-fried Monte Cristo the other day. It was like someone took the jelly out of a jelly donut and replaced it with ham and cheese, then served the jelly on the side. It was magical.