Go Back   The Eegra Forums > Eegra > The Shindigs

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Patrick Alexander
Grand Inquisitor

Default Notes for Spectrum Spelunker and Color-FULL

Spectrum Spelunker doesn't have "Made for Eegra.comís First Annual Game Makiní Shindig" on the title screen, unless I'm blind or stupid (and I may be). Tim, if you could add that in, and resubmit your game (without any other additions, of course) before Tuesday, that would be just lovely. Sorry for the short notice.

Colour-FULL: Was this made in Game Maker 6 (or 6.1)? As submitted, it doesn't run under Vista. Craig, you could recompile it in Game Maker 7 and resubmit it, BUT, what I've done is simply run this fix on it. If you don't have any objections, we'll make the fixed version available for download.

Thanks fellers!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
Patrick Alexander
Grand Inquisitor

Whoops! Apparently I am blind -- a great big Shindig logo is the first thing you see when Spectrum Spelunker runs. How did I not see that before?

*lost in confusion*

Old 07-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Dan
Smug Bison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Alexander View Post
Spectrum Spelunker doesn't have "Made for Eegra.com’s First Annual Game Makin’ Shindig" on the title screen, unless I'm blind or stupid (and I may be). Tim, if you could add that in, and resubmit your game (without any other additions, of course) before Tuesday, that would be just lovely. Sorry for the short notice.
It doesn't have it on the title screen, but there is a big Shindig logo during the startup sequence - so maybe just add 'Made for' to the top of that?

Edit: Beat'd!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
Crimson K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Alexander View Post
Colour-FULL: Was this made in Game Maker 6 (or 6.1)? As submitted, it doesn't run under Vista. Craig, you could recompile it in Game Maker 7 and resubmit it, BUT, what I've done is simply run this fix on it. If you don't have any objections, we'll make the fixed version available for download.
It was created in GM 6.1, yes. You can convert it and present the fixed version for download. Hope the fix doesn't mess with the game though.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #5
Patrick Alexander
Grand Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson K. View Post
Hope the fix doesn't mess with the game though.
Well, why not try it for yourself and see?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Rixx

I have made little tweaks and enhancements for Spectrum Spelunker: Shoot Blocks to Win the Game, Also Jump and Run: Starring Hue since the deadline passed.

I am tempted! But the version you're getting is just going to be the original with the "Made for" added in. I'll get right on that.

EDIT: Can I just PM you guys the link to the new version or should I fill out that form again?

Last edited by Rixx; 07-27-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
Patrick Alexander
Grand Inquisitor

I think the consensus was that you don't actually need to resubmit at all. Man, I am dumb for starting this thread.

BUT ANYWAY, if you've gone ahead and recompiled the game with a 'Made for' added in, we might as well use it! Dan will be doing the uploading, so it's probably okay to just email it to him.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
Crimson K.

I PM'd you the link to the new version.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
Muz
Deleted

Ooh.. I'm looking forward to when the results come out. It's kinda like waiting for the end of an exam. I get the feeling that I'm going to flunk, but I end up doing better than I expected (or I do very badly every 1 in 4 exams )