Go Back   The Eegra Forums > Discussion > Peach's Panties

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #171
Usernamehere
Prone to stabbing

Howdy folks! I've been looking forward for when MGS3 (Snake Eater, not Subsistence) arrives at my local EB Games (Context: I've been waiting for the manager of one store to bring it to a meeting to give it to another guy for weeks now, and they've only recently decided to mail it instead of trying to give it at a meeting. I was very annoyed.). How easy is it to get into?

Also, Street Fighter. I have never played it before in my life, but I like the look of SF4 and Dan Hibiki. Is it easy to learn? A bit difficult? What's the toughest part? TELL ME ABOUT IT. (Also Crimson Viper, I guess).

Lack of Metal Fighter make me writing go funny doy

Old 08-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #172
Gatas Brilhantes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamehere View Post
Also, Street Fighter. I have never played it before in my life, but I like the look of SF4 and Dan Hibiki. Is it easy to learn? A bit difficult? What's the toughest part? TELL ME ABOUT IT. (Also Crimson Viper, I guess).
I guess it might be a little difficult to learn if you've never had any experience with fighting games. I can remember spending ages trying to teach a friend how to perform a dragon punch - his simple Counter Strike-playing brain just couldn't make the connection.

You're not going to be able to pull off amazing combos and shit as soon as you start, so you might be discouraged. But - ! - you've got a comprehensive training mode, online play to ensure that you're constantly practicing against unpredictable opponents, and tonnes of tutorials online; so no excuse for giving up. Unless, you know, you don't actually like it.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #173
Demaar
Stop tickling my fancy.

MGS3 is probably my favourite entry into the series. That said, it's probably not the easiest to get into. That'd probably be the first Solid game on the PS1...

Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #174
loinbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamehere View Post
Howdy folks! I've been looking forward for when MGS3 (Snake Eater, not Subsistence) arrives at my local EB Games (Context: I've been waiting for the manager of one store to bring it to a meeting to give it to another guy for weeks now, and they've only recently decided to mail it instead of trying to give it at a meeting. I was very annoyed.). How easy is it to get into?
Significantly easier if you get Subsistence. Option of third-person camera is great, and if you're a MGS purist you can always change it back. Subsistence also has Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, properly translated and ported.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #175
Neen
DU-DI-DA!!

Anyone here play Space Invaders Extreme? Would you recommend it?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #176
Demaar
Stop tickling my fancy.

I played the demo on XBLA. It seemed alright. Guess it depends on the price, since Space Invaders was hardly ever an in depth game.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #177
Neen
DU-DI-DA!!

I was thinking more along the lines of the DS version. The game apparently differs between every platform it's on, and only the DS is getting the sequel.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #178
loinbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the DS version. The game apparently differs between every platform it's on, and only the DS is getting the sequel.
I've played it and yes it is quite good fun. It's Space Invaders all the way so you kinda know what you're getting into, it spices things up every few levels but otherwise the core mechanics are the same. If you like it go for it. Lost my DS to my sister for a month when she was addicted to it, so that's probably good praise for the game.