Go Back   The Eegra Forums > Discussion > Peach's Panties

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #171
Usernamehere
Prone to stabbing
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 422
Default

Howdy folks! I've been looking forward for when MGS3 (Snake Eater, not Subsistence) arrives at my local EB Games (Context: I've been waiting for the manager of one store to bring it to a meeting to give it to another guy for weeks now, and they've only recently decided to mail it instead of trying to give it at a meeting. I was very annoyed.). How easy is it to get into?

Also, Street Fighter. I have never played it before in my life, but I like the look of SF4 and Dan Hibiki. Is it easy to learn? A bit difficult? What's the toughest part? TELL ME ABOUT IT. (Also Crimson Viper, I guess).

Lack of Metal Fighter make me writing go funny doy
__________________
I'M [s]PLAYING[/s] installing Fallout 3. Goody.
 
Old 08-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #172
Gatas Brilhantes
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamehere View Post
Also, Street Fighter. I have never played it before in my life, but I like the look of SF4 and Dan Hibiki. Is it easy to learn? A bit difficult? What's the toughest part? TELL ME ABOUT IT. (Also Crimson Viper, I guess).
I guess it might be a little difficult to learn if you've never had any experience with fighting games. I can remember spending ages trying to teach a friend how to perform a dragon punch - his simple Counter Strike-playing brain just couldn't make the connection.

You're not going to be able to pull off amazing combos and shit as soon as you start, so you might be discouraged. But - ! - you've got a comprehensive training mode, online play to ensure that you're constantly practicing against unpredictable opponents, and tonnes of tutorials online; so no excuse for giving up. Unless, you know, you don't actually like it.
 
Old 08-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #173
Demaar
Stop tickling my fancy.
 
Demaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brizvegas, Oz.
Posts: 1,208
Default

MGS3 is probably my favourite entry into the series. That said, it's probably not the easiest to get into. That'd probably be the first Solid game on the PS1...
__________________
 
Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #174
loinbread
 
loinbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamehere View Post
Howdy folks! I've been looking forward for when MGS3 (Snake Eater, not Subsistence) arrives at my local EB Games (Context: I've been waiting for the manager of one store to bring it to a meeting to give it to another guy for weeks now, and they've only recently decided to mail it instead of trying to give it at a meeting. I was very annoyed.). How easy is it to get into?
Significantly easier if you get Subsistence. Option of third-person camera is great, and if you're a MGS purist you can always change it back. Subsistence also has Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, properly translated and ported.
 
Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #175
Neen
DU-DI-DA!!
 
Neen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 617
Default

Anyone here play Space Invaders Extreme? Would you recommend it?
 
Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #176
Demaar
Stop tickling my fancy.
 
Demaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brizvegas, Oz.
Posts: 1,208
Default

I played the demo on XBLA. It seemed alright. Guess it depends on the price, since Space Invaders was hardly ever an in depth game.
__________________
 
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #177
Neen
DU-DI-DA!!
 
Neen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 617
Default

I was thinking more along the lines of the DS version. The game apparently differs between every platform it's on, and only the DS is getting the sequel.
 
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #178
loinbread
 
loinbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the DS version. The game apparently differs between every platform it's on, and only the DS is getting the sequel.
I've played it and yes it is quite good fun. It's Space Invaders all the way so you kinda know what you're getting into, it spices things up every few levels but otherwise the core mechanics are the same. If you like it go for it. Lost my DS to my sister for a month when she was addicted to it, so that's probably good praise for the game.
 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.